macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cefnfaes
    Lost midi track
    Hi Rounik This is my second starter today, as my earlier attempt was, I think, in the wrong place on your forum- sorry ! Can you tell me how to retrieve a midi track which I have accidentally deleted ? I know it's still on the HD somewhere, but poor memory and lack of experience is letting me down. I'm running Logic 9.1.7 in 64 bit mode, with VSL, on OS 10.8 Oh, and one little point also, which causes me some irritation. Why is it that when I use colours on the instrument tracks (as distinct from instrument automation tracks) that some of the tracks are of uniform colour, whilst others have the colour I selected along just the top third of the track, leaving grey in the lower two thirds ? I find using colours useful, so that I can quickly distinguish instrument tracks from automation ones. Hope I've explained all this properly ! Thank you Rounik Best wishes Cefnfaes
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Lost midi track
    Hi Cefnfaes! Excuse the late reply. Was the MIDI track you deleted from a MIDI file you imported into Logic...? or was this a MIDI region you created in Logic? Logic doesn't save MIDI regions as individual files unless you export them manually. However, you can navigate to the project folder and explore the backed up project files to see if the region is available in an earlier version of the project... Not sure what you're describing in terms of colours and automation lanes and tracks. Could you upload a screenshot to your next post? Best, R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: