macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    LP9 and USB mic
    Loaded LP9. Have Samsung C01U USB mic that worked perfectly in GB and in Logic Express. It works in LP9- but there is too much hiss and not enough of a reading. It sounds as if I have it cranked up super high there is so much hiss. If I bang or sing load on the mic I get a reading on the audio track, but too much hiss. I can shout into the mic and it will come out on the recording,,,but there is barely a register and way to much hiss. In the audio settings of LP9 it reads that the Samsung mic is there. This is a 16 bit mic, but even in the LP9 audio settings; whether I change it to 24 bit or 16 bit I get the same results. I am open to getting a new USB mic that works better..or what am I doing wrong? I open LP9. I click new track-- audio- Output 1-2 are checked and input 1 is checked. mono is checked. enable monitor is checked. Record enable is checked. Open library is checked. Track is created. In settings Mic is there. Sound comes out. Sound is recorded. Just way too much hiss and not a loud reading. It is workable- just too much hiss and something is wrong- because I never had this problem is LE or GB . Thanks kroes
  • Kroes
    Re: LP9 and USB mic
    solved problem. Was using USB hub. Once plugged directly into mac all hiss went away as did the volume probs. Go figure.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: LP9 and USB mic
    Cool! USB hubs can introduce problems... and as you've discovered it's always best to connect a USB mic direct to your Mac. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: