macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Burafao
    Will a SSD help in calculations like bouncing etc?
    Hi, i am just about to buy either a 2011 refurbished 2.5ghz MBP or a 2012 2.3ghz MBP. ( any thoughts on this would be greatly welcome too, They seem to have very similar processing power). I will use it for Logic pro. From what i have learned a SSD won't improve real-time Logic performance. BUT when Logic is bouncing, or freezing, or changing the gain of a audio file (basically anything that happens to take time to process other than actually playing a song), will this be speed up by having a SSD as it has faster write/read speeds? Thanks.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Will a SSD help in calculations like bouncing etc?
    I presume it will, as you you mentioned SSD disks have faster read/write speeds. So in the bouncing it is writing to the SSD Disk.
  • Burafao
    Hi Gary, yup i think it must be so. Just bought a 2012 2.6ghz mbp. Can't wait to check it out, i have to wait a week as i ordered the hi-rez anti glare option. I have a samsung ssd and its going into the mbp
  • Popykua
    A 2012 2.6 gHz macbook pro with a SSD runs really well. Been running a PT session with over 100 plugins without any issues. The SSD will help a lot if you use sampler instruments.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: