macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vivisuy
    Mixing and Digital Audio
    I have been enjoyimg MacProVideo tutorials for abot 6 years now. I have 48 tutorial titles. I really enjoy the mixing tutorials and I have recently discovered something in the last year about mixing "in the box". That is, I would HIGHLY recommend getting a good virtual console or analog emulation plug-in set. I purchased the Slate Digital VCC and I also have the McDSP Analog Channel. I have to say that the Slate Digital VCC may be the single most powerful plug-in I have ever used. I use it first on every channel and on effects busses and the stereo buss. The cumulative effect is amazing. I use the Brit N (Neve) console setting with 1 db of drive. Very, very musical boost to low end, and to the space and clarity of my mixes. It is very subtle by itself on an individual channel, but to me, when summed all together it can make an amazing difference. The McDSP analog channnel is cool too but I think the VCC a cut above. Does anyone else out there use saturation plugins? I haven't seen the topic come up.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Mixing and Digital Audio
    Thanks for the post S. College. The Slate Digital VCC is a great channel strip, including the McDSP Analog Channel. I also like the PSP Vintage Warmer to add some saturation to my channel strips. It also works well on your Mastering chain to add some 'vintage-warmth' saturation. Anyone else have other favorites? Would be nice to hear your thoughts.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mixing and Digital Audio
    Slate Digital VCC sounds like one I should check out. Thanks!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: