macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rexinator
    Using Apple Loops in a project with a highly different tempo
    This could be one of those 'duh' questions, but I'm trying to figure out a quick and easy way to import Apple Loops (from the Loops Library) or from a third party external file into a project for which the tempo is highly different than the loop tempo, and to have the imported loop play at its original tempo (not the song tempo). In other words, I'd like to import the file without meta data and not have it conform to the project tempo. For example, my project is at 65 BPM, and I've got some loops (pads and drones) that sound cool at their original tempo, but that tempo is 120 BPM. When I simply drag them into my project, they are severely time stretched to conform to the much slower project tempo and, of course, sound like crap. The only thing I can think of is to use another project set at a faster tempo (e.g., 120 BPM) and import the desired loops into that project, then bounce those at the good-sounding tempo (Bounce Regions), then copy or otherwise import them into my 65-BPM project. That seems to work (removes the meta data), but it's tedious, and I know there has to be an easier way. Thanks in advance (Gary?).
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using Apple Loops in a project with a highly diffe...
    Hi Rexinator, Drag in the Apple Loop into your arrangement as normal. The Loop, if automatically conform to the project tempo... so make sure just that region (the loop) is selected. At the top of the Inspector area (on the left) you'll see the Region Parameters box. Inside there is a checkbox for the selected region to enable/disable the "Follow Tempo". Disable this checkbox and you're good to go. Cheers R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: