macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ian
    Software instrument window hotkey?
    Hi all, I was hoping someone could make my day. One thing I've always wanted with logic and never found is a hotkey to open the software instrument of the selected track, does anyone know if it's possible and what it's listed under in the key commands. Cmd-w closes it, being careful that the instrument has focus, which is all good, but where oh where is the open one? Gets on my boobs I tell you! ha. A hug for the first responder that makes my day :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Software instrument window hotkey?
    Hey Ian, Not sure this warrants an e-hug... but I often use the "V" key to toggle hide/show ALL currently opened plug-in windows. Also, if you enable the purple link mode button on the instrument of a channel strip, then any other software Inst track that is selected will display that track's soft. inst. instead. Finally, I'd recommend using screensets in conjunction with the link mode tip above to help you see what you want, when you want... where you want it..! :-) Hope this helps
  • Ian
    Re: Software instrument window hotkey?
    Thanks for reply. I was afraid there wasn't one and it wasn't just me who couldn't find it ha. Yeah, linking and toggling are all good but I do find myself closing all windows that I'm not directly working on down to save screen space, 13" mbp. I will soldier on, thanks again for reply though.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: