macProVideo.com
Forums
  • yan
    Midi 101 - midi channels - hyper draw - event list
    I watched the Midi 101 tutorial, thought it was excellent. Thanks Peter for answering my question regarding the score editor. This is my second question regarding it, I included it in the first question thread in June, but thought Watching the tutorial gave me some ideas about midi channels, the piano roll and the event list. This is to do with selecting midi channels in hyper draw and the event list, draw hyper draw and being quite confused. I have a kick playing on beats 1 and 3 and a snare playing beats 2 and 4 over four bars. In the event list I leave the kick on midi channel 1 and change the snare to midi channel 2. Then in hyper draw, I select midi channel 2 > panaroma. I then draw a diagonal line across the region. Because I set the snare to midi channel2 in the event list and selected midi channel 2 in hyper draw then imputed hyper draw, I thought I'd expect to hear just the snare moving left to right. What you hear is the sound of the kick move from left to right with the snare too. Originally I thought, that I would only hear the snare move from left to right, though you hear both. I then set all instruments to midi channel 1, selected channel 2 for hyper draw and drew some pan automation. Even if you select channel 2, whatever you draw here will affect the region as a whole. With selecting midi channels in hyper draw so they match the event list to target specific notes and then drawing hyper draw for a specific midi channel, I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do with them after, I'm missing potential of them somehow? You can draw hyper draw or different midi channels, though whatever you draw affects the the region.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Midi 101 - midi channels - hyper draw - event lis...
    Hi Juno, What Instrument/Sampler are you using for the drums? Are you using the EXS24 or Ultrabeat or other? I know this may not be the answer you're looking for but you could use a different instrument for the kick and the snare. You will have a separate MIDI regions for the Kick and the Snare and then that way the Hyper Editor will distinguish between different MIDI regions rather than one MIDI region with different MIDI parameters.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: