macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Flavio
    Random Nature
    Hi Rounik, The question I have is how to implement Random Nature. I have a template that I use to create the material/sound design for all my pieces and wanted the Random Nature macro to live in there. I somewhat know my way around the environment. Any suggestions on how to go about it? Best, Flavio
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Random Nature
    Hi Flavio, Thanks :) It's a bit complex... might be easier to import the tracks into the Random Nature template... but here goes: 1st... Random Nature 2 should only be used on Audio tracks. I didn't get around to optimising it for software instruments tracks :) ⢠Open the project you wish to import Random Nature into. ⢠Open an Environment window and choose: Options > Import Environment (and choose Layer...) ⢠Locate the RN2 project and choose the project file and choose to import the Random Nature Layer. Click OK. ⢠Random Nature is now in your existing project, but we'll need to hook it up and give it a track to sit on with its own MIDI region. ⢠Create a new track in the Arrange area (any type will do) and drag the Random Nature object onto the track header. Now create a MIDI region on that track and add notes on C3, for example. ⢠Next, we'll need to cable from the desired audio channel strip to Random Nature: In the Mixer layer of the Environment Option click on an audio channel strip's output cable and select Random Nature from the drop-down menu. ⢠We need to feedback the output from Random Nature to that channel strip: In the RN2 environment layer, option-click an output from RN object and choose to send the cable to the same audio channel strip as above. ⢠Finally, make sure there is a cable from RN2 object to the "Write automaton" object and from the "write automation" object to the "Sequencer Input" on the Clicks and Ports layer. (note: you may need to visit the Clicks and Ports layer, select the Seq. object and enable its "Icon" in the Inspector first). This should all be setup now... :) Hope this helps, Rounik
  • Flavio
    Thanks Rounik. I'll give this a run!
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Flavio. Let me know if you need any further help and hope you enjoy using Random Nature 2 :)
  • Flavio
    It worked perfectly, thank you Rounik. Now, can I duplicate the random nature object and connect it in the same manner to the same audio track and end up with 8 parameters to control? Or is there other tweaks that need to be made? Best, Flavio
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: