macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jaquatrezz
    How to delete Project Templates in Logic?
    Hi everynone, that problem really drives me crazy. I allready found some descriptions how to delete saved logic Project templates.... Evereywhere is written I should go the way: User/Libary/Appication Support/Logic/Project Templates Makes sence.... but: I open up my "computer", click on my Macintosh HD and go the way Libary/Application Support/Logic.... and this Logic folder doesn`t show any "Project Templates" Folder...? There are other folders like Channel Strips Settings or Plugin Settings.... but where do I find this Project Templates? There is also no chance by finding the files in the search box? Does anybody have an idea what to do next? Thanks for any kind of help! jaquatrezz
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: How to delete Project Templates in Logic?
    Make sure you're going to the right Library. You need to go to the User Library. Go to your Macintosh HD, then Users. Go to your username, then inside there is the Library your are looking for. This can be a bit confusion. Theres 3 different Library types on a Mac, but the one you're looking for is the User Library.
  • redlogic
    Re: Re: How to delete Project Templates in Logic?
    If you're on Lion or Mountain Lion the User Library folder is hidden. To view it, option-click the [b]Go[/b] menu in Finder and choose Library. To make it permanently visible: Once you've opened the ~/Library folder in the Finder, make sure [b]Finder-window sidebars[/b] are enabled (View: Show Sidebar). Then drag the Library folder's icon from the Finder-window title bar and drop it in the [b]Favorites[/b] section of the window's sidebar. If you're viewing your Library folder in the Finder's column view, you can drag its icon from the Finder window to the sidebar. [url=http://www.macworld.com/article/1161156/view_library_folder_in_lion.html]18 ways to view the ~/Library folder in Lion[/url]
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks redlogic, I forgot about the Hidden User Library. As soon as I moved over to Mountain Lion I made my User Library visible. So I completely forgot about that. Thanks.
  • redlogic
    Re: Re: Re: How to delete Project Templates in Logic?
    In addition to hiding the User Library in Lion & Mountain Lion, Apple also took away the ability to Repair Permissions on the Home folder.(without jumping through hoops) [b]Repair Permissions On The Home Folder In Lion / Mountain Lion[/b] Apparently, when you use the Disk Utility in Repair Permissions - a standard troubleshooting maneuver in OS X - [b]it doesn't actually repair the permission settings on folders and files in your Home folder[/b]. That's where your documents and many applications reside. [b]There's another Repair Permissions tool hidden away in Lion...[/b] This tool is squirreled away for some reason inside an obscure password reset feature. Here's how you use it. 1. Restart Lion, and before you hear the chime, hold down the Command and R keys. 2. You'll be at the Repair Utilities screen. Click the Utilities item in the Menu Bar, then click Terminal. 3. In the Terminal window, type [i]resetpassword[/i] and hit Return. 4. The password reset utility window launches, but you're not going to reset the password. Instead, click on icon for your Mac's hard drive at the top. From the dropdown below it, select the user account where you're having issues. 5. At the bottom of the window, you'll see an area labeled Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs. Click the Reset button there. The reset process takes just a couple of minutes. When it's done, exit the programs you've opened and restart your Mac.
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks for this handy tip redlogic.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: