macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Quickster
    MainStage and OverLoad
    Hi, this is probably simple but I have followed all the tutorials and can't stop "system overload". I have checked and watched Activity monitor. There is over 4.16 gig available. No Airport, No Time Machine, No I Chat, System preferences set correctly. Using Mainstage 2.2.2 with a Duet Firewire 800 and an SM 58. I adjusted the sample rate from 32 to 64 to 128. I am set at 64-bit. No other instrument is plugged in just a single concert with a vocal microphone template. System Overload keeps popping up randomly. MainStage continues to work fine is this a bug or is there a way to stop the window from popping up? I am on a MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion 10.8.2. 8 gig ramI am not logged in to anything, ICloud App Store etc.. or the internet. CPU in MainStage is at the halfway mark. as is memory. All updates have been done and all programs aree turned off through activity monitor. No antivirus. I do not have any windows applications nor do I use any windows applications. Is there any other program I can disable through activity monitor I do not know about or does anyone have an answer to this annoying problem. Thanks in advance for the help, as i always find the answer here by some good hearted fellow user. Peace!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MainStage and OverLoad
    Hey Quickster, It's a long shot, but have you tried quitting all apps and then running Repair Permissions in Disk Utility? then doing a restart? Also, are you running any 3rd party plug-ins in your project? Also, try disconnecting your Duet and using built-in audio. Do you still suffer the same problem? Best, Rounik
  • Quickster
    Hi, thanks for the reply and attempt. I have done all of the above. If I knew what I could turn off through activity monitor that might be eating up the memory or causing the problem without quitting system needed files it might help. I am not sure and am still battling the problem. Personally I think MainStage is above and beyond any "live" computer related program available. There are so many changes in the 2.2.2 version that MPV has not done any tutorials on without duplicating what has been done by MPV. Especially for guitarists. It has become a trial and error to learn the upgrades made to MainStage. The new interface in the way parameters and assignments are done. How to switch from one loopback to another when using more than one. I am still looking for the most compatible midi keyboard with Mountain Lion. The GIO was a great addition :-) I'm sure someone will come up with why MS keeps sending this "overload message". Peace
  • Rounik Admin
    thanks. But what 3rd party plug-ins are you running? there might be a clue there...? :)
  • Quickster
    Hello fellow users, Still cannot stop MainStage from "System Overload" message. Have tried all suggestions. plenty of RAM even moved preferences to 128 for latency. No third party plug-ins in use. MainStage 2.2 Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Activity Monitor doesn't even spike when this occurs. Cannot find any specific action as I follow each thing I do. Just keeps coming out of no where. Someone must have an answer i hope.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: