macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    How to save Logic preferences
    Hello everybody, I've to change the operative system in my Mac, so I'll have to reinstall Logic (I have now 9.1.0). I wonder if, and how, I can save all my preferences to put again in the new installed one, as I do for the Templates, Key commands etc. Is it possible? Thank you for the help Roberto
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: How to save Logic preferences
    Hi Roberto, To save your Key Commands go to Logic > Preferences > Key Commands. Then go to Options > Export Key Commands. This will save a .logikcs file with all your Key Commands Then for your Templates, make a copy of the following folder: [i]username[/i]/Library/Application Support/Logic Then when you upgrade your operating system you can copy these folders again, and then import the Key Commands .logikcs file back in again (by going to Options > Import Key Commands in the Key Command menu).
  • roberto
    Re: How to save Logic preferences
    Thank you Gary, ...and what about the General Preferences (Logic > preferences). I guess is the "p.list" file. Is it somehow dangerous to save it and copy it in the new Logic? And one last question: as far as you know, is the newest operative system working well or is it still fragile? I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.4 at the moment. Thank you again Roberto
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Roberto, I would overwrite a newer Logic plist file with an older one. Import the Key Commands file I explained and the Logic User Library data. I would also suggest doing a backup of your current system (with a great cloning app like Carbon Copy Cloner) before upgrading. Least if something goes wrong you can clone back, or if some file didnt copy across you can grab it from the backup. I upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.8 about 2 months ago and all seems fine. 10.6.8 was very stable, but I am very happy with 10.8. I upgraded to 10.7 and hated it so downgraded back to 10.6.8. So I would say go for it if you going up to 10.8
  • roberto
    Ok Gary, and let's pray... thanks a lot for the help and good work to you Roberto
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: