macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mehyfoe
    Moving samples
    I have moved the samples located in the system drive MacintoshHD/Users/Shared folder to an external drive but kept the instrument files in the system drive. However, I have noticed additional samples and instruments located in the MacintoshHD/Library/ApplicationSupport folder that appear in some cases to be duplicates of the same instrument and samples. The MacintoshHD/Library/ApplicationSupport folder also has the other folders such as script, presets etc... and know those need to stay. The only thing I would like to do is keep all the samples on one drive location and the instruments in one drive location. Would there be a problem in moving the samples and instruments from the varied locations to just one location? So far there hasn't been a problem with the shared folder but got confused when seeing the duplicate files in the other folders and was reluctant to begin moving those without some kind of feedback. Joe
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Moving samples
    There shouldn't be a problem moving samples to another location. Are they Apple's samples, or 3rd party samples?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: