macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    Tascam 8 track to Logic Pro
    I have a bunch of old songs on a tascam 8 track analog (Cassette) and would love to revisit these songs and remix using logic Express. All I want to do is get the tracks off the tapes and into individual tracks onto logic. Is there a simple, inexpensive mixer via fire wire to do this?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Tascam 8 track to Logic Pro
    Hi Kroes, Ahh 8-tracks. Those were the days. I had a 4-track and I remember coming up with some great tracks using only those 4-tracks. I used to love flipping the tape around and recording in some backward guitar solos. Ok....back to the present. What audio interface are you using on your Mac? And how many inputs does it have. You could do the long winded way, where you record a track at a time into Logic. You will need to change the output for each takeon your Tascam 8-track to get each track into Logic.
  • Kroes
    I currently do not have an audio interface. But- I am looking at the PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL Is this compatible with Logic Pro and Lion? I have a Yamaha MT8X cassette mixer. I thought it was a Tascam. It has 8 RCA outs for each track. Can I get the PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL and an RCA to 1/4" cable set of 8; hook the 8 RCAs from the MT8X to the 8 x 1/4" in the back of the PreSonus Audiobox; put up all 8 faders on the Yamaha; designate tracks in logic; play the tracks from the Yamaha and record on Logic; thus recording each track separately in logic. The PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL are about $500 so I want to make sure it is compatible and will work. Thanks for the help.
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Kroes, Yes the 1818VSL is compatible with Logic Pro and Lion. And yes, you can connect the RCA outputs from the 8-track to the inputs on the Audiobox. Like you siad yo will just need to designate the tracks in Logic. You got the right idea. Good luck! Bring those 8-tracks into the digital age!
  • Kroes
    Thanks Gary- One last question. The Audiobox comes with software and I read it does not work properly and I would rather not even load it. Do I even need the software that comes with the ProSounus since I already have Logic Pro? ..and yes, I can't wait to get these tracks into Logic. I just hope that the master cassettes are not rotten at this point.
  • GaryHiebner
    I don't know too much about the software other than it looks similiar to their DAW software, Stio One which isn't too bad. But if you got Logic Pro, use it. Still one of the best DAW's.
  • Kroes
    Thanks Gary. I will more than likely give the unit a shot. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks, and to you too!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: