macProVideo.com
Forums
  • LOGIC GUY
    CPU IN THE RED
    HELLO EVERYONE, I know I saw this before on here but how do I stop my CPU meter from entering into the red. I cant remember what tutorials explain how to do this. THANKS.....
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: CPU IN THE RED
    Hi Logic Guy, In the Logic 101 course you'll find info on raising the I/O Buffer Size in Preferences > Audio... which will increase latency but be kinder on your CPU. Other advice is to make sure you're not using more plug-ins than you need. e.g. run one instance of a multi Omnisphere... and not 8 instances... or if you're applying the same reverb to multiple tracks, place one of these on an Aux and send to this Aux from all tracks. Hope this helps, R
  • Vivisuy
    If you have certain tracks selected that have high demand plugins, (eg. Omnispere with a separate convolution reverb and high quality EQ and compression) you will have issues. Even if that Omnisphere track has a convolution reverb on a send, you will still have issues. I even create a dummy empty audio track and always make sure that it's selected for playback. This always solves the issue of CPU spikes for me. I have an 8 core Mac and still have CPU spikes if I leave certain high demand channels selected at playback.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: CPU IN THE RED
    Great tip on the empty audio dummy track, S. College!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: