macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    deleting unused files in audio bin
    All the cuts and discards that I don't use are all in my audio bin. I Understand that I can highlight the unused "parts" and remove them from the bin, but keep them on the HD...and put them back at any time with command Z. If I delete them permanently from the audio bin and the HD will it affect my song...other songs? In other words, am I just deleting the "cuts" permanently (which I do not care about) or if I used a certain audio file will it delete that audio file completely from the HD even if it was used in another song, thus destroying other songs with "missing file"?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: deleting unused files in audio bin
    Hi Kroes, It's important to use the menu command "Select Unused" in the Audio Bin to make sure you're only selecting the unused files... then when you delete them from your project they'll go to the Trash can (where you can still retrieve them until you empty trash)... and they won't affect your project. Hope this helps R
  • Kroes
    Thanks. Once I dump them to the trash and empty the trash- they will not effect any of the other songs where I am using that audio file.?..in other words- what I am trashing in a particular song is for that song only and only the parts I am trashing completely from the hard drive will be gone?
  • Rounik Admin
    when you save a project in Logic 8 and 9 the audio files recorded/imported into the project are placed in the project folder. So, unless you've created separate projects within the same project folder that place all audio files in the same audio folder which is then used by other projects... you should be fine. It may be interesting to take a look at your project folders structure to get an idea of how Logic organises assets. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: