macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    Re: Corrupt song file issues
    Dear Gary, Thanks for the Selective Track Import link. I've used it to help me run a series of experiments. The new song would work OK as long as I did not import any sends info. If I imported the sends info for 1 track, there would be a short delay. If I imported sends info for more tracks, the delay would get longer. I then tried importing everything EXCEPT sends info. The new song worked OK Then, I MANUALLY copied the sends info AND GOT DELAY AGAIN!!! Somehow, when signal is sent from a track to a bus, there is a delay in transferring that signal. Quick reality check - this is not caused by a delay unit - the delay happens, even when signal is sent to a bus that has NO plugins. Bottom line, I guess I'll have to trash and then reinstall Logic. Any other ideas? Best regards, Tim
  • Jideseo
    Dear Gary, Please read the above post first. Then, a little BTW... I've also noticed that my Logic setup seems to be quite bite hungry. This current song which has 9 midi tracks, about 15 audio tracks, about 6 busses and quite a few plugins is showing more than 50 per cent CPU usage when NOTHING IS PLAYING. Is that normal? Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Gosh Tim, it sounds like you may need to trash the Logic preference file. That makes no sense why there would be a delay on the sends. Try the Preference Trash and see if that helps. The preference file could also be associated to why the Logic Projects are using so much CPU. Keep me posted if theres any improvement after trashing the preference file.
  • Christian L
    Hey guys! Tim, what plug-ins are you using in this project? Use Save As to create a backup copy of your project, and remove (not bypass) all plug-in FX and try to play your project. Let us know if it helps. Christian
  • GaryHiebner
    Ah Christian, great suggestion! Definitely check out what plugins you're using Tim. As Christian mentioned make a backup, remove the plugins and see if this resolves it. Definitely could be a buggy plugin. Have you installed anything new?
  • Jideseo
    Re: Re: Corrupt song file issues
    Thanks for the plugin suggestion, but it didn't pan out. I removed all 3rd party plugins and synth/samplers too but it made no difference. I'll try trashing the preferences. Regards, Tim
  • Jideseo
    Dear Gary, Oh, deary me. I dragged the lcom.apple.RegLogicStudio.plist into the trash and relaunched logic. It made no difference. Should I trash logic and re-install it? Sorry about this - but from my point of view, it's better than suffering alone ;-) Regards, Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Tim, Sorry to hear you are having so much troubles. Can you please let me know what you did to disable the 3rd party plugins in Logic? Did you disable them in the Audio Unit manager or did you move them out of the Components folder? Are you using any other audio software? If so, maybe try launch it and see if there is anything weird happening there on the audio side.
  • Jideseo
    Dear Gary, 1) I simply went to the Environment window mixer page and removed the plugins and other audio software eg. Kontakt, Trillian etc. from the song. 2) I tried to trash the preferences. I went to Library>Preferences and found com.apple.RegLogicStudio.plist and threw it in the trash, assuming that Logic would create a new one when I relaunched the program. Strangely, it didn't (so now I have no sound!) I will see if replacing it fixes THAT problem at least. What did I do wrong there? Regards, and thank you for your kind support, Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Corrupt song file issues
    That is very strange. If you trash the preferences, a new one should be created when you next launch Logic. Okay, might be a bit late to check, but did you make a copy of your preference file before trashing it? Copy it back, launch Logic and see if you have sound. If you start a new Logic project do you still have problems? With delays and CPU going high? Or is it only projects you have been working on that have the issues? I'm very concerned why Logic didn't create a new preference file when you launched it. Maybe re-installing Logic is the way to go. Here the info from the Apple support site on how to reinstall Logic if thats the route you choose to go: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/TA23375?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US[/url] [quote]Normally, you shouldn't have to reinstall Logic Pro, but if a need arises (such as if you're troubleshooting), you can reinstall the software using these steps. Click the Finder icon in the Dock. From the Go menu, choose Go to Folder. In the resulting dialog, type /Library/Receipts in the field. Click Go. From the resulting window, drag the following items to the Trash (depending on which versions and updates you've installed, some of these files may not be present): Logic Pro.pkg Logic Pro Sound Library.pkg Logic Pro Bonus Sound Library.pkg LogicPro701Updater.pkg LogicPro711Updater.pkg Reinstall Logic from the original installation disc. Use Software Update to get the latest Logic update.[/quote] I'm still struggling to figure out if its a hardware or software issue. Do you have another Mac? Or a friend with a Mac that you can use? Try open the same Logic projects on there and see if the same issues happening. If so, then you know its a Logic project issue, and not a Mac issue. Sorry, about all the questions, but one way or another we'll get to the bottom of this.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: