macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Coveroe
    limiter still peaking - why?
    Hi, I've an adaptive limiter set on my stereo outs the out ceiling is set to 0.0 db. the channel strip peak meter is still peaking by about .3 db. I've tried playing with look ahead and no over etc but no joy. Why do limiters call it an out "ceiling" but so often stuff gets through? Ive tried with T- racks's brick wall limiter and there's nothing brickwall about it at all :-) still peaking. what's the trick, must be a setting - i dont get it. If I play with the ad limiter a bit more I can even get to a place where the over peaks in the limiter itself are lighting up but the channel strip isn't. all very confusing. I'm trying to bring the levels up on an audiobook i've recorded so it's all dry speech with very little processing aside from eq and this darn limiter. I'd be grateful for any tips.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: limiter still peaking - why?
    Make sure your Output channel is not set higher than 0.0 or else there will be clipping even if you have the Out Ceiling set on the Adaptive Limiter. On the Adaptive Limiter set the Out Ceiling to -0.1dB. Then you can raise the Gain and it shouldn't hit the -0.1dB ceiling. You are able to increase the Gain by 12.0dB. Leave the Input Scale set to 0.0dB. This should make a noticeable difference on your audiobook.
  • Christian L
    Re: limiter still peaking - why?
    ...And make sure the Adaptive Limiter is the very last plug-in on your Output. Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: