macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bikarye
    Prg change conflict on Logic and Kontakt bank
    Hi there. I'm stuck with a problem and don't seem too find the answer anywhere . Could you please help me out ? I can't change the banks in Kontakt !! Using Logic Pro 9 I have Axiom 49 sending pgm chgs to use different Banks inside Kontakt 5 . (which works fine as a stand alone ) However when I open Kontakt inside Logic , it[url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_40954_9554_Screen_shot_2012-12-21_at_6.28.43_PM.jpg] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_40954_9554_Screen_shot_2012-12-21_at_6.28.43_PM.jpg[/img] [/url] makes the channel strip peformance of Logic to change and a new synth is loaded instead of changing the bank on Kontakt . If I filter pgm chg in the Midi tab of Logic , then no pgm chg passes through at all . Any ideas ? or posts with a solution ?? Thanks in advance !! [b] Rique[/b]
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Prg change conflict on Logic and Kontakt bank
    Hi Rique, I don't use Kontakt much so I am not entirely sure. But I did some researching and found out some information. From what I understand if you are running Kontakt as a plugin in Logic then you need to send program changes from 2-16, as program 1 is used for switching channel strips. Also from Kontakt's side it receives a program one higher. So for example program 2 will be program 3 on Kontakt. You can fix this by patching a transformer in the Clicks & Ports layer. Place the transformer between the Physical Input and the Sequencer and set it to the following: Conditions Status = Program Operation Data Byte 2 = Sub ( 1 ) Hope this helps.
  • Bikarye
    Thanks so much for your input . Indeed it worked perfectly ifI send all the info through Midi ch 2 :O) Awesome !
  • GaryHiebner
    Great stuff! Glad it worked.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: