macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hevicau
    Recording Levels
    Hi New to this Forum and great to be here. I've been watching Logic 101: Core Logic. Great tutorial. One question though. In Section 16 part 119 Martin Sitter advises to set the recording level at -6db. I've been aiming at around -18db to -12db as recommended somewhere else to allow enough headroom to add insert effects. I'm pretty sure if I aim for -6db to begin with then inserts from Guitar Rig 4 and from Logic Pro itself will send my signal way off the scale. Any thoughts or experiences to help clarify this?? Thanks in advance. Mick
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording Levels
    Hi Mick & welcome to the MPV forums!! I agree with you. When recording most audio sources at 24bit, I tend to aim for about -12dB. -6dB is fine too, it's just a matter of lowering the channel strip's fader. So, if you know the dynamics of your source audio won't clip when aiming for -6dB, then that's good too. The most important thing is to make sure your input signal doesn't clip when recording as you can alwasy lower the playback level of each channel in Logic itself. Hope that helps :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: