macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Can't get the bounce function to stop on the designated bar
    Good to be back. Using Logic 9.1.8 and still running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 since not all of my plug ins are not Lion compatible. Any how, I have found my bounce function, final bounce for MP3 or WAV files will just go on for ever and I must use the ESC key to stop the process. It will finish if I stop it using the Escape key but there will be enormous added tome to the track, i.e. 19 min instead of the actual 4 mins of material. This happens on both real time and offline bouncing. Im stumped. The settings of start and finish are both correct, arrange page stop marker is correct. is this a glitch? any buggy issues I can find a patch for? Or is this user failure? I cannot find where this issue could be set but it all started when doing real time bouncing using external hardware and now its happening offline. Thanks for any input. Thanks much. Victor
  • redlogic
    Re: Can't get the bounce function to stop on the ...
    Uncheck [b]Include Audio Tail[/b] in the Bounce window. Make sure to set the left and right locators to encompass the beginning and end of the song , including any effect tails (reverb) and audio decays (cymbals) at the end.
  • Rohogay
    I'll try that. I did a bounce yesterday offline on some midi drums, all went well but I had not checked don't include tails. I will try it anyway. Thanks
  • Paul Bissell
    FWIW; I always set the right and left indicators before I go to the bounce command. Of course the selected area to bounce is there in the bounce window, but I am now institutionalized to doing it from the arrange window before bounce is selected.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote=redlogic]Uncheck [b]Include Audio Tail[/b] in the Bounce window. Make sure to set the left and right locators to encompass the beginning and end of the song , including any effect tails (reverb) and audio decays (cymbals) at the end.[/quote] Yes, I believe there a couple of 3rd party plug-ins that continue to generate some audio signal that Logic picks up when doing an offline bounce... which is why Logic doesn't know when to stop the bounce function. Definitely agree with Paul and all - setting up locators before you bounce is an excellent idea :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: