macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mmusic88
    Logic on iMac
    Hi All, I just installed 32 gigs of RAM in my iMac, and I am wondering how can I get the most out of it in Logic. I am already running the program as 64-bit, and I've played around with buffer sizes. Is there anything else I need to know to take more advantage of the RAM installed? I would very much appreciate any recommendation. Thanks, Isr
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic on iMac
    Hi fvs, You should really notice the extra ram when running large sample libraries or RAM guzzling projects/instruments. There shouldn't be anything else you need to do to optimise your system, just make sure your plug-ins are 64-bit compatible. Enjoy your monster iMac!!
  • mmusic88
    Thank you Rounik. I was just wondering if I had missed something else to optimize my system. It definitely runs so smoothly. I installed the spectrasonics plugins, and I could notice a huge difference. Can't wait to start working on a large project and see the results! Cheers, fvs
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey fvs. Having so much ram is pretty incredible when you think of how we were realistically limited to 4GB just a couple of years back! Glad to know all is running smoothly... bring on the bigger projects :) Cheers, R
  • Paul Bissell
    4GB - what's wrong with 4GB? Those are fightin' words.... :)
  • Rounik Admin
    LOL! 4GB how did we even make music back then ;-) 32 GB does sound limitless though... there'll come a time when that might be seen as scrapping the barrel!
  • mmusic88
    That is so true. Thanks again! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: