macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pablo diablo
    Pitch bend
    Hi there Relatively new to Logic and am running into problems using the pitch bend function in the hyper editor and I am sure there is something simple that I am doing wrong. It's actually two related problems: 1) When I draw in pitch bends in the the hyper editor, say, at the end of a phrase in a region it then alters the pitch of the next region, which I don't want. 2) Sometimes when I open the hyper editor I have the facility to draw in the pitch bend automation on an orange line, which is fine because I can reset the pitch bend back to zero for the next region, but the problem here is that this facility is not available in the hyper editor all time (ie it is in one project but not another) and I cannot find the the setting to control whether this orange line is there or not. Thanks Paul
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Pitch bend
    Hi Paul, It's important to make a distinction between two ways of editing MIDI data in Logic: ⢠Hyper Editor is a particular MIDI editor (like Piano Roll, Score Editor, etc) ⢠Hyper Draw is a type of automation, also known as region-based automation. It's possible that you've edited the pitch bend in both these places - which look a little different. In fact, you can view Hyper Draw mode in many editing areas in Logic, such as the Arrange area, Piano Roll and Hyper Editor (confused? Bear with me here... it'll get easier in time I hope :) 1. OK. In the Hyper Editor, where the pitch bend value is represented by vertical bars... the pitch bend value/number will remain at whatever value the bar is at. 2. If you're using Hyper Draw, typically accessed via View > Hyper Draw in the local menus for many MIDI editors... you'll find the black/orange line where you can easily create pitch bend rises, falls, curves and more :) In the Piano Roll and Hyper Editor, you can also find a button in the bottom left of the editor window with 3 horizontal lines on it. Hit this button and the Hyper Draw area should open up for you. Hope this helps and isn't too confusing. Martin does a much better job explaining and demonstrating this in the Logic 101 course!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: