macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeck
    prove the date of a file
    how can i prove that a project or bounce is really from the date is written in the file or project... is there some kind of chronologic list of projects in logic . or some metadata that shows that you use the apple americas/U. S (time apple com) or whatever .... thanks you in advance
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: prove the date of a file
    Hi Jeck, If you select a file, press Cmd-I. This will give you the information on the file. Look at the[b] Created[/b] and [b]Modified[/b] Labels. [b]Created[/b] is when you first created the file, and [b]Modified[/b] is when you last modifed the file, such as opening it and saving it. I hope this is what you mean. The dates and times are determined by how you have setup your Date/Time on your Mac.
  • jeck
    Thank you Gary ,but not exactly what i mean ...let me explain in other words.. some company use my music (my file) in national broadcast in Mexico...so i have to prove in a court of law. that the creation date, is really from that date.., because you know, that if i change the time manually in my mac today, and put 12/10/ 2010 and i make a bounce. the file is going to read that date instead of 2/10/2013 (today) the real date rigth?... my question is , is there something that i can do to demonstrate that the date of my original file is really from 12/10/2010 because i use the Automatic Apple Americas /U.S.time apple .com instead of manually setting of time ....some metadata or forensic metadata .may be i going to need another software to get it..but not the normal metadata that you get from Cmd-i that tells you the date of creation but not if you use the automatic apple time or manually ..... or, again, some list in logic that shows all the projects i have made in a chronologic and inalterable way... or any other way ...... sorry about my english is not my language and i dont know if its clear now what i mean thank you very much for your response
  • GaryHiebner
    Ok, I see. Is it the Logic project or the bounced audio file that you need the data to?
  • jeck
    Re: Re: prove the date of a file
    thanks Gary,i prefer the file ,but the project, its ok. the thing is that...... it has to be INDUBITABLE to the judge and the lawyers. thanks again for your concern
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: