macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Noise Kicks in Ultrabeat
    Hello. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to create a kick drum from using just the noise osc.and filter in Ultrabeat ? Modulating them.It was basically from a blip of noise...a click. I have just seen a Kick already in one of the Ultrabeat Kits and really liked it.I was surprised to see Osc 1 and 2 muted. When I tried to recreate it from scratch I got a bit lost.The way the envelopes and filter were used. Can anyone please give advice on the reasoning behind it cos I really like it ? Up to now I have been playing around with the sines etc but never seen just the noise/filter being used for kicks before. Thanks again
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Noise Kicks in Ultrabeat
    Do you want to copy an element form the Ultarbeat kit you liked to a new Ultrabeat kic,? Take a look at the following article on creating noise with the ES P in Logic [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/the-magic-of-white-noise-in-logic-pro[/url] You could put this behind the MIDI kick hits of the Ultrabeat to layer the kick with a noise.
  • logicluvva
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Noise Kicks in Ultrabeat
    Thanks Gary. I was talking about a kick entirely composed of the noise click fed through the filter with high cutoff and resonances. That link was exactly the explanation I wanted and it's the same thing translated from the white noise article.In to Ultrabeat where the same kind of thing is achieved. I found it strange to get the reasoning from what usually gets triggered from a sound wave coming from a noise generator instead and it's explained well in the same link. I have to spend more time on noise ! And to be careful with the sound levels too ! Cheers to you and to David Earl
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: