macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tony Sun
    Unable to play chord with "j l '" keys together
    Hello, I was testing out the keyboard function where you press "Caps Lock," which then shows a small screen that corresponds the Mac keyboard to keys on a piano. I'm able to play all notes and chords and change octaves and instruments. However, I can't play the J L ' together for some reasons, on any instrument or octave. Also, it seems that there are other combinations of notes that don't work and the maximum number of notes able to be played together is 6. Has anyone else had a similar problem and can anyone help? Thanks.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Unable to play chord with "j l '" k...
    Not is very strange. Do you have any other MIDI device connected to your mac. If so try this, play any B or D on the keyboard. the J and L are the keynotes B and D respectively. Then go back to the CAPS key, and pitch the keyboard down a few octaves (pressing 3, 2, and then 1 on the keypad to pitch it down an octave each time). try and see in the lower octaves if you still have problems with the J and L keys. Let me know what works and what doesn't. Then we can take it form there, and see what else it could be.
  • Tony Sun
    Thanks, but I have no MIDI devices connected. The chord only works when I play the notes separately and then manually pull the notes together on the sample editor. Also, another question: the acoustic guitar MIDI has a strange buzzing sound on the "A" computer key for octaves "2" (computer key) and lower. It seems the chord issue can be resolved but I can't fix the buzzing sound, which comes on about 1sec into the note.
  • Christian L
    Hi Tony, About the Caps Lock Keyboard issue... Take a look at the Click & Ports layer in the Environment. Do you have any objects in there, apart from the Input View, Input Notes, Sequencer Input and MIDI click objects? And the buzzing sound you hear on the Acoustic Guitar preset is perfectly normal. It's in the sample and it's there to authentically recreate the sound of an acoustic guitar. If you lower the velocity of the note, the buzzing will disappear.
  • Tony Sun
    Thanks Christian for the tip on note velocity. Do you know why that particular note, with Mac keyboard "A" has sustain whereas the other notes don't. Can this be adjusted? I only have those four. Caps Lock Keyboard is connected to Input Notes, which is connected to Input View and finally Sequencer Input. MIDI Click is just sitting at the top, not connected.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: