macProVideo.com
Forums
  • amerikiwi
    using 'audio to score' to midi map a live kick
    ok, im a pro tools guy who is very impressed with my new logic 8, but like may am trying to 'get' logic. so far its not to bad. a lot like cubase (my first DAW). Im used to using the 'sound replacer' school of edits to sample replace live kick with a sample. often I end up just tabbing to transient and pasting in Pro tools. I am aware of the apTrigga plug in and like it So I love the idea of using logic 8s 'audio to score' function to 'map' a live audio hit (drums) to a midi note for the ability to audition notes via a drum sampler like ultrabeat. but im having a problem. I'v been able to use the function, but when the score comes up after mapping the hits the kick seems to be a lot of different notes values. ok, so wouldn't' the 'transform' area have something to collect all the notes and re value the MIDI notes to say C1? I see it can transpose all the notes one way, but i want all the notes to be re valued. and after skimming the book i can't get how. am I just a guilty skimmer and I've missed this? Please Help me Obi won kenobi thanks Amerikiwi
  • Christian L
    Re: using 'audio to score' to midi map a live kick
    Well, I don't know anyone named Obi-Wan, but maybe you're talking about old Ben who lives out beyond the dune sea. He's kind of a strange old hermit... The other day he told me that in Logic 8 piano roll, you can transpose all selected notes to the same pitch by doing the following : 1-Make sure that the Midi In button is activated (Red) in the Piano Roll. 2-Select all notes you want to tranpose. 3-Hold the command key (apple key) down on your mac keyboard and press the note you want on your midi keyboard. All selected note will be transpose to the note you played on your keyboard. He also told me that old Jedi who use the ancient Logic 7 can do the same thing but with the Option key instead of Command. May the Force be with you!
  • amerikiwi
    the force isn't working for me... Im on logic 8 mac, and after selecting the notes if I: 1) click the piano roll on the key i want (and yes I have a sample loaded) the selected notes become un selected. I have tried this with all modifyer keyes 9option, Control) same result. 2) play the C1 key I want on my midi in keyboard the same result, the selected keys become de selected. is there not a text field i could jsut tell the notes to transform to C1? am i missing a preferance? on a side note: it seems that once in about a hundred tries your method works, but I can't get it to work with any repeatability. thanks for the help! Amerikiwi
  • Christian L
    1-)Open the Piano Roll editor. 2-)Double click (or option click) the Midi IN button. 3-)Select the notes you want to transpose. 4-) Play the note you want on your MIDI keyboard. The MIDI IN button has 2 main modes : -if you click once on it will let you step record notes from your MIDI keyboard (red button). -if you double-click on it (or option-click) it will let you transpose the selected notes with your MIDI keyboard (red and black MIDI button).
  • amerikiwi
    Now were Cooking with GAS! thanks, the Double click was the trick. Is there no pictoral change in the icon to show the fact that it is a double click & not a single? thas odd to me. thanks sooooo much! Amerikiwis
  • Christian L
    Yes there is : - Single click the button is red. -Double click the button is red and the "midi cable" picture turns black.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: