macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    Importing loops and shots
    Dear Macprovideo team, I've just purchased Vengeance Electro Essentials Vol.3 and downloaded it into my computer. It is a mixture of loops and single shots. I assume that I should put the single shots into the EX24 and the loops into apple loops? If so, I don't have a clue how to do it. I've looked through the videos but couldn't find one that answered my questions. Could you please direct me? Thanks and best regards, Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Importing loops and shots
    Hi Tim, You can either add the single shots straight to the Logic audio tracks or add them to an EXS24 instrument. Take a look here on Darren Burgos article on how to create EXS24 Instruments. You can use this for single shots or for loops. The great things about loops is that it will map the loop across the EXS24 instrument. Giving you more flexibility on working with a loop. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/logic-pro-sampler-instruments-exs24[/url] The loops in the Vengeance pack from what I know are not Apple Loops. So when you drag these loops into Logic on audio tracks make sure your project tempo is set to the same tempo as the loop. Or you can stretch the loops with flex time: Grab the handle of the audio region (bottom right or left of the audio region) and hold down Option. This will time stretch the audio. If you have the Snap set to Smart/Bar/Beat it will snap to the grid. Or you can use the Apple Loop Utility to create Apple Loops of the loops. Check out Mo Volans article on this: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/creating-apple-loops-using-apple-loops-utility[/url] This will be quite time consuming so I would rather recommend using Flex Time to stretch the loops out to the correct tempo. Hope this helps answer your questions.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: