macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Paul Bissell
    The bride and son of Kontakt
    Not sure where this (or any) Kontakt question should go, but.... since I'm using it in Logic as well as in standalone mode, I guess this is as good a place as any. :) QUESTION 1: The Bride In both modes (standalone and in Logic) there is no key command that loads the Next or Last preset. It is hard to audition sounds when you have to keep grabbing the mouse, finding the little arrow and clicking it (especially with my eyesight!). Did I miss something? QUESTION 2: The Son Also, Native Instruments now has a range of "classic" emulated plug-ins (LA2A, 1176, Lex 480, etc). When these are inserted into a channel and opened, they do not respond to the "normal" area where presets are found and selected. They are there, but they don't work. There is an additional and identical are below that has the presets listed (in a lighter grey) - see screen shot[url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_42038_114133_Lexicon_480.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_42038_114133_Lexicon_480.png[/img] [/url]. Again, Logic's Next and Last Setting command doesn't work. Grrrrr. Thoughts or solutions? Thanks Paul
  • Paul Bissell
    Re: The bride and son of Kontakt
    Those bird chirps are loud. :) Anyone have Matt Vanacoro's email?
  • Funkosauras
    Hey, Paul! I can confirm that auditioning presets in Kontakt pretty much sucks the big one. There's no way (as far as I know) to do what you want to do (which MachFive 3 pulls off pretty good) and be able to quickly sample and scroll through sounds like that. You can set up patches to switch quickly by using Instrument Banks (check out http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5119937) but that pretty much just works for pre-set instruments that you've picked out. As far as the plugin thing, I've only hosted the NI Solid FX series inside of Guitar Rig up to this point - my Komplete 9 Ultimate where they branched them off into separate plugins is still in the mail :( (although I hear you can download them now if you owned komplete 8, I've opted to just wait until my K9 comes). I will say that the logic plugin preset menu can get pretty hinky sometimes - I use the UAD plugins and in their latest version they just don't show up on the logic side, you have to literally browse to a folder on your hard drive and load the preset. It's like 1994 all over again. :( Sorry to be of little help and the bearer of bad news. Don't shoot the messenger!
  • Paul Bissell
    Hi Matt, Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in the world of hurt. I am a long-time UAD user and the version of software I am running 6.1.0 still has the presets show up in the usual Logic-al place. Boy make me not want to upgrade my UAD stuff (how sad is that). But honestly, for most of the processors, having presets doesn't really do much. But it seems really odd that presets for synth/rhythm/etc sounds aren't set up with a NEXT PRESET key command. I looked to see if you could set it up as a CC# controller and map that to something, but you can't. Only the mouse button clicking on the pixels shaped as forward and backward arrows will do the trick. I really have gotten into my Kontakt all over again and am right on the cusp of pulling the trigger for Komplete 9 Ultimate. I mean you know it is bad when every day you go to the NI website to watch and listen to the demos. BUT....if I get 14,506 sounds I can't click a GUI arrow key with the mouse and keep my body close to my controller keyboard. Why get a zillion sounds when there is no good way to say "NEXT SOUND PLEASE"? On another note, I saw that your 201 Kontakt is out. I will be watching that this evening. The 101 was perfect. Great job!! Paul
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: