macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Fafyjyo
    Different Midi inputs to instrument tracks without using the env
    Can I choose midi inputs like midisport A B, MaxMsp or any other controller from the track channel strip ? I just see the channels 1 - 16 but no ports. It should be possible like in every other DAW, right ? I did it in the environment the last 10 years, but there should be an easy solution. any hints thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Different Midi inputs to instrument tracks without...
    When you say MaxMsp do you mean Soundflower and its virtual MIDI ports?
  • Fafyjyo
    Re: Re: Re: Different Midi inputs to instrument tracks without..
    Sorry for the late reply. I got no notification email (maybe in my spam, have to check). No, MaxMSP don't need soundflower for this task. It provides two midi-ports with 16 channels each anyway. DAWs like Live or Pro Tools are seeing this ports and I can easily address them in the channel strips. Logic does that too, but just in the environment. I have to "hardwire" them in the environment. My question is why I am not able to choose them from the channel strip directly? Other midi devices I can see in the input object (Logic environment), are not available from the channel strip inspector as well. I just see ch 1 - 16, but no ports (channels strip arrange window). Any hints? thanks
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: