macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Darren
    Logic Pro X opinions
    Hi every one. I downloaded Logic Pro X last night. So far so good. It works with my lexicon u82s audio interface and my eucon mc control and mc mix consoles. I have had some compatibility issues when upgrading Logic in previous years, so this is a relief. The interface is quite different, with a lot of things in different places, so there is a bit of exploration to be done. I haven't had time to really put it through its paces yet, but everything I have tried has worked well. One thing though, Is it just me, or does it look like the new Arpeggiator and the Retro Synth were built using NI Reaktor?
  • BenB
    Re: Logic Pro X opinions
    I don't see that. But, a lot of those GUIs will end up looking similar.
  • logicluvva
    Re: Re: Logic Pro X opinions
    I've only just been using it for a few hours. BUT....it is fantastic. I've tried projects from scratch as well as adding previous Logic 9 projects and seeing what happens. The drum addition itself is ace.You can do your own drum tracks and get the feel from producer kits to taste the flavours. I love Logic.More than ever. Third Party plug-ins must be trembling. I know that NI and Melodyne all have an influence here...( Kore 2..Massive .Maschine..etc ) but I've bought quite a bit from NI and been left wanting cos they have always had problems interacting with AU engine etc. Logic X has reached the place that appeals most to me. Right down to naming tracks in Multi-Outputs !! It really is down to how good your musicianship and songwriting knack is now. David Earl's tutorials are excellent and even to those well-versed in the many aspects of Logic 9....bring a reassurance that all is cool in Logic Land. Some people may well criticise and poke....but then they can't be doing much music.
  • Lung
    Re: Re: Re: Logic Pro X opinions
    I like the new interface. It feels closer to other DAWs and has similar color values to the Adobe CS6/CC products that I use everyday. Real faders and workflow enhancements abound. So far, so good. I'm still really digging in and exploring but the new MIDI FX brings it closer to some things I'm used to in Live 9, even though I do use them in tandem. I had no problems with spending another $200 for this version because, well, that price is dwarfed by what I pay for upgrades to all of my other software. It's not the biggest update possible but what was improved, while not life changing, are welcomed and indeed improvements. There are a few things that do bother me, like how small the faders are, how fiddly the mixer can be and some of the older instruments looking garish when compared to the new interface. I also do not like that when naming channels Logic doesn't continue playback but instead starts over. However, my opinion so far is mostly positive.
  • Rounik Admin
    It's been a long time since I've wanted to do an all nighter with Logic... but, I've gotta say I'm loving it. Sure there are a few improvements I'd like to see (older plug-in interfaces)... MIDI out from AUs, improved EXS24... but all in all I'm loving this upgrade. :)
  • Darren
    I've had a day to play with Logic Pro X, and I Love it. I must admit I nearly skipped over the Drummer plugin. I thought it might be a bit like the smart drummer in garage band for the iPad. I'm glad I was wrong there. This thing is awesome. After watching David Earls Video, and having a play with it, I'm amazed by the variation available. This is such a time saver. It would seem that every change has been an improvement. This is the best version of Logic Pro ever.
  • logicluvva
    I forgot to mention how cool Steve H's tutorials on Logic X are too. Can't wait to get stuck in to his Arpeggiator one considering that he's seen the evolution and guided us to this point. I also enjoyed the pic of his High School band and his Leslie ! That was a good touch.
  • BlueFielder
    A BIG feature that was removed in LogicX is the Library list of Audio FX settings. No where are the settings readily viewable / selectable. Instead, one must use a mouse, go the the FX interface , and select a drop down list to access an FX setting. Click .... click .... click . Ugh. But then ... maybe I'm doing it wrong.
  • BlueFielder
    [b]Library List of FX settings[/b] [SOLVED] The tiny triangle on the left of the Audi Unit can be moved to the FX Unit plugin level. It's not very apparent and if you click on the triangle the Library pane will collapse . So ... yup ...I was doing it wrong ....... again.
  • Banyon
    The only thing I dont like about Logic X so far is not being able to bring up the tools with Esc. But thats pretty trivial in the big scheme of things. This is a fantastic update, I cant stop playing with it.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: