macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lung
    Logic Pro X and 32-bit plugins.
    I have no qualms about Apple discontinuing the bit-bridge, personally but I do need to still use a few 32-bit plug-ins in the interim. For example, a few Soundtoys and Abbey Road plug-ins. I could just use Logic Pro 9 but would like to see if anyone has potentially investigated any creative solutions yet. It's easy enough to get 32-bit virtual instruments piped into Logic Pro X via various simple maneuvers but processors and effects are a different story. Without splashing money down on VEPro 5 for a temporary solution, has anyone tried MainStage 2 or Rax 3 as a virtual "effects rack" of sorts? I'm worried about processing latency. I'm going to try a few things myself but wondered if someone else may be ahead already and have found a solution.
  • Vivisuy
    I won't be upgrading to logic X unless the bring back the 32 bit bridge. What if a user had just purchased a Chandler Abbey Road bundle last week? Also, IK Multimedia ROMplers are 32 bit. Why would they close off users from hundreds of dollars of their software? Armin Van Buuren used the 32 bit bridge on his "In The Studio - Future Music episode", I wonder how many projects he currently has using 32 bit plug-ins? Why does Apple pee into the wind like this? Happy with Logic 9, Rob Ron
  • Lung
    Re: Logic Pro X and 32-bit plugins.
    I can't answer those questions. I do still have Logic 9 available, if or when 32-bit compatibility is dire. I was just curious as to potential solutions others may have found, if any, in the interim while we wait on a few developers. Personally, I think that developers should go with the impetus and find incentive to update their plug-ins, be it Abbey Road or otherwise. Pro Tools 11, Cubase 7, Live 9, Logic Pro X, et al are all now 64-bit and do not provide bit-bridges. While some offer 32-bit apps or switchable operation, none include bit-bridges. So, to me, this doesn't seem like some kind of divisive maneuver by Apple but the obvious direction. I actually often found Logic Pro 9's bit-bridge a bit convoluted and the cause of various stability issues. However, YMMV.
  • Vivisuy
    Yeah, I just can't understand why they limit options. I don't run Logic in 64 bit yet. I do run outof memory sometimes. not very often though I guess the developers should get it in gear. Rob.
  • Rounik Admin
    Good news guys! I've written an article for the macProVideo.com Hub on how to run 32-bit plugins in Logic Pro X: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/how-to-run-32-bit-plug-ins-in-logic-pro-x[/url] Hope it help!
  • Hamish H
    Re: Re: Logic Pro X and 32-bit plugins.
    See post below
  • Hamish H
    That's gret news! FYI some Abby Road plugins are still going to be a problem because they don't validate in Logic on Mountain Lion. Logic X is Mountain Lion only so at the moment Abby Road and Logic X are mutually exclusive. Hopefuly not for too much longer Hamish
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: