macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sanilee
    Looking To Upgrade To Logic Pro X, but I would like your opinion
    I am really excited about new release as many of the Logic community is. However I have an 2009 iMac running the OSX 10.8.4. it's an Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz and 8GB RAM and I wanted to see if these specs look like I can handle the update smoothly or will I have to sit this one out. I went to Apple website and checked the specs and it looks okay, but I wanted to post here before dropping the $$$. I know you all can't guarantee me anything, but just wanted some opinions from you all. Thanks in advance for any input and insight.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Re: Looking To Upgrade To Logic Pro X, but I would lik...
    Hi Flow4JC, I'm using Logic Pro X on my MBP i7 Quad 2.4, 8GB ram... and it's flying. Basically, Logic Pro X is about 10% MORE CPU efficient than version 9... so if you're running Logic 9 you should notice an improvement in performance using version X... I mean "10" :-)
  • Sanilee
    Re: Looking To Upgrade To Logic Pro X, but I would lik...
    Thanks for the insight Rounik! I will let you know how it goes.
  • Sanilee
    Got Logic Pro X installed and we up and running well. Thanks for the insight Rounik!
  • Sanilee
    Hey I do see some cpu improvement with this update! Projects that were setting off my cpu overload message with tracks is not happening anymore and no audio drop outs! Good stuff!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Great to know you're enjoying LPX... and that you're also finding CPU improvements, too! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: