macProVideo.com
Forums
  • A Peaceful Warrior
    Re-install Logic X...how?
    Does anyone know if it is possible and how you re-install Logic X? I have huge problems with the "Scanning Audio Units" - procedure everytime at each startup (also in 9). I have been trying to throw cache away...removing plug-ins but with no result and I´m really frustrated now. Maybe a reinstall can help in some way...the au validation tool might be corrupt or something. This problem wasn´t around before upgrading to Logic x. Please please help me if you have the slightest idea of what I can do.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Re-install Logic X...how?
    Hi, It might be worth moving ALL plugins from your Audio/Plugins/Components folder and then testing Logic Pro X. It sounds more like a rogue plugin could be causing this issue. I'd especially recommend removing any 32-bit plugins as Logic Pro X is 64-bit only. Any joy? Best,
  • A Peaceful Warrior
    Hello Rounik and thank you for replying. It turns out that this Audio Scanning problem actually does not has to do with Logic X. I had upgraded my OS to Mountain Lion just before buing Logic X and after that, my problem began. The "scanning audio units process" takes place on each start-up of a project - in Logic 9! I had to make a reinstallation of Mountain Lion OS (after having temporarly gone back to v10.6.8 via time capsule) and thus now, at the moment I don´t have Logic X installed, but will download it again as soon as my problem get fixed (I really hope it can...). Any suggestions on how I can go about this strange behaviour? What can it be? Regards Tom
  • Rob_Lee
    Hi there, I had this problem until last night. Here's what i did. 1.Trash Audio Unit Cache ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache 2.Reboot in recovery mode: Command+R 3.Repair your permission with Disk Utility from there 4.Reboot, launch logic pro x and let it scan your plugins. I got Automap too, but it's not related to that. This should sort out the issue of scanning on every launch. Best Rob
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: