macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BenB
    Tracking Down 32-bit Plugins
    I know I have some old 32-bit plugins for Logic Pro from the past. Updated to LPX and have not noticed anything I currently use is missing. But, I know there are some old ones I've probably not touched in ages, and they're now eating up needless drive space. Thus my question; How can I track down what plugins I have installed that are 32-bit, and what is the best way to go about trashing them from my system?
  • Christian L
    Re: Tracking Down 32-bit Plugins
    Hi BenB, Do you still have Logic 9 installed? One way would be to open Logic 9 in 64-bit, then click on an insert on a channel strip. All your 32-bit AU plug-ins will be listed under "Audio Units (32-bit)" in the menu. You can do the same for instruments. The 32-bit plug-ins will be listed under "AU Instruments (32-bit)". You could delete them from HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components, but I would leave them all installed. They probably don't take much space and you will still be able to use them in Logic 9 and other 32-bit DAWs. And have a look at this Hub article by Rounik Sethi where he explains a workaround to use 32-bit AU instruments in Logic Pro X: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/how-to-run-32-bit-plug-ins-in-logic-pro-x[/url] Cheers! :) Christian
  • BenB
    Re: Tracking Down 32-bit Plugins
    I just want t clean out old, useless garbage on my Mac, that's all. I forgot all about launching LP9 in 32-bit mode, great suggestion! I've actually not touched LP9 since LPX came out. I was about to uninstall it, too.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: