macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gygicii
    Logic Pro X Cpu Issues
    hey i need help i been having a hard time finishing music. I got a mac mini with 4gb of ram and 500 gb of memory. I got the new logic pro x and everytime i do more than 5 track or start adding effects it keeps saying system overload. What are the best ways to save cpu in logic pro x. Someone help please
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro X Cpu Issues
    Hi, How much free space do you have on your HD? And I'd definitely recommend upgrading to 8GB ram for use with Logic Pro X. What are the specs of your Mac Mini? What kind of tracks are you using? Software instruments? What effects? Have you done any maintenance on your Mac to help keep it running smoothly? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general/13874[/url] :)
  • Gygicii
    Re: Logic Pro X Cpu Issues
    thanks for the reply, I have 349 gb left on my mac mini, most files are projects from logic pro 9, and how do i go about upgrading my mac mini to 8gb of ram ? and its a 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB L3 cache. and im using everything stock from the logic pro library and stock plugins. nothing fancy.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: Logic Pro X Cpu Issues
    Your Mac Mini can be upgraded to 8GB RAM, so I'd definitely recommend upgrading it to run better with Logic X. Get a pricing on Apple equivalent RAM for your Mac Mini from your nearest PC or Mac supplier. You need PC3-12800 4 GB RAM for your Mac. And make sure it's either Apple or Apple equivalent RAM. Don't use normal PC RAM. Your Mac/PC supplier should be able to check what is the correct RAM for your Mac Mini if you give them the specs on the unit. You can get them to install the RAM or if you're happy installing it yourself here is a guide on how to do it: [url]http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+Mac+Mini+Late+2012+RAM/11726/1[/url]
  • Bukman
    I had some major issues like this after upgrading to X. I needed to upgrade osx at the same time as I was running snow leopard which was not compatible. After that I was locking up constantly especially when working on older logic 9 projects that were upgraded to X. Anyway I found I needed to fix permissions and do some mac tool optimisations (using techtool pro) on my mac drive to get my machine to settle down. Working like a dream now.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: