macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Felezui
    Issue with Logic Midi
    Hi, I start having an issue with Logic Pro 9.1.8 64 bit,. I have large template like 8 intstances of Kontakt with Vienna Ensemble Pro 5,. What happens when midi being recorded fine, but then on a playback, Logic Starts to skip some Midi Notes or the come as a delayed notes ( not the latency issue).It mostly happens when I use the sounds out of the ROLAND sound module, CPU is just 30 % loaded, the disk is 10,000 RPM. I use a 2nd mac as a slave via LAN cable . Could that be an issue with that MIDI interface? I have 4 ports: my midi keyboard and my Roland Sound Module Connected to it. In the environment I only use Port A as a connection....and when the problem hapens all light buttons on my Midi OUt (interface) are lit... Xould it be a midi buffer fills up on midi interface and why? Or this is Logic or my Mac And how to fix it? Thanks a lot Maudio 4x4 midi interface, Mac Pro 10.6.8 , 2x3 Ghz Dual Core Xeon, RAM 24 Gigs
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Issue with Logic Midi
    A good thing to try first is to see if the template may be faulty/corrupt. Can you create a new project and try set it up the same way as your template. Then check is there are any delays or audio dropouts. If it works fine save this out as the new template. Let us know if this helps. If not will give you some other things to try to resolve the issue.
  • Felezui
    No, its the same...I was just wanted my question answered...is it possible that it is a MIDI BUFFER FILLS UP some how and what is that mean?????????? Thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    So you've tried creating the same template and it does that same thing? It could be that your MIDI interface is faulty. Can you test the MIDI interface out on your 2nd Mac? This way you can deduce if it may be the MIDI interface. Also try another LAN cable between your macs. It may also be the culprit.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: