macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bemyxyu
    Unable to bounce
    I'm having problems with bouncing a mix to disk. When I click Bounce the bouncing progress bar starts, but after a couple of seconds just stops and nothing else happens - no error message or anything. It happens on both large projects and songs with just two tracks. Both mp3 and AIFF. I've tried changing a bunch of settings, only bouncing part of the song and repairing disk permissions. I use a 2011 iMac 27" with 16GB RAM and the latest version of Logic Pro X in 64 bit mode. On my MBP Retina it works fine. Any tips on how to solve this? Thanks, Per Ulfhielm
  • redlogic
    Re: Unable to bounce
    How much free space on the iMac hard drive?
  • Bemyxyu
    I have about 65 GB free on the system drive and 300 on the audio drive.
  • GaryHiebner
    That's very strange. It could be a corrupt Logic preference file. Try this. Create a new user account on your Mac. Log into the new user and load up the Logic project. Now test if the bounce works. If it does then its probably the Logic preference file. First export out your Key Commands Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Edit Then go to Options > Export Key Commands. And save it to a location on your Mac like the desktop. And then navigate here to trash the preference file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist Launch Logic and it'll create a new preference file. See if you can bounce out now. Import the Key Commands file in if the key commands are different to what you're used to If it is still not resolved, then try re-installing Logic. Hope this helps.
  • Bemyxyu
    This may seem strange, but I can't find the preferences file. I've tried searching the entire computer without result...
  • GaryHiebner
    Are you going to your user Library? Not the main Library So go to Users > yourusername > Library make sure your user Library isn't hidden. Let me know if it is and will give you details on how to show it.
  • Bemyxyu
    OK, thanks. I deleted the file and re-started Logic. Bouncing now works on certain projects, but not all. For example, a simple 2-track piano and vocal audio recording without much of anything doesn't work. [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_43094_92666_logic_bounce.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_43094_92666_logic_bounce.png[/img] [/url]
  • GaryHiebner
    Try do a Disk Permissions Repair and see if that helps. Go To Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility. Choose your Mac HD on the left and then click Repair Disk Permissions.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: