macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Novation 61SL MkII Issue
    Looking forward to joining y'all in the new world of Logic X, but probably not until mid- to late September. But still struggling along with 9.1.8 here, and my Novation 61SL MkII. Which all in all, I'm pretty happy with. However, it does seem that if you breathe on it wrong, logic loses track of the Automap Mixer in the Controllers Setup. It happens if I forget to turn on the keyboard before I start up Logic, or once I think it happened when I started Logic and forgot to also start the Automap software. It's a bit of a hassle getting it reconnected, making Automap rescan all the plugins, so this last time, I just didn't bother, and figured I could manually map any controllers I wanted to use. But here's the thing: although I get a message on startup that Logic is mapped to the automap mixer and it can't be found, it still works. If I click on a plugin, I still get the message in the corner that my 61SL is controlling it, and if I move a fader on the keyboard, it does indeed control the parameter of the plugin it says it is controlling. So even though Logic won't officially acknowledge that the Automap Mixer is there in the controller setup, it appears that it still works. So am I okay just putting up with the message on startup telling me it's wrong, or should I really go back into automap and make it recognize it again?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Re: Novation 61SL MkII Issue
    Hey! C'mon over to the LPX side... life is brighter (though the GUI is darker) ;-) I really don't know what to suggest here. If everything works then I'd personally be tempted to put up with the error message. But, if you go into Automap to make it "officially" work, is there a chance things could get worse? (As I've never used Automap before, this is a genuine question ;) Oh, have you had any luck getting tech support from Novation?
  • MorryNYC
    Re: Novation 61SL MkII Issue
    Hey Rounik! I don't know. it seems to work, so my inclination is to not muck with it, and just close the error message. But I suppose you are right, a talk with Tech Support is probably in order. Though I've had to go in and "fix" it before, so I don't think that would make it worse. I'd just have to sit through the 15-20 minutes it takes for Automap to rescan all the plugins. So in all fairness there is a laziness factor in there too. It just occurred to me that my laptop is 64-bit native, so I could download and install X on the laptop, and when I get the new computer, download it to the new one. Then I can have a little taste of the Logic X Nirvana now, and then later get the full experience on the new machine, with all the 3rd party plugs. So I will be joinin' y'all soon... :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: