macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Track Stack Question
    Okay, got tired of reading about everybody else having all the fun, and realized I don't have to wait for a new computer, I can just download and run X from my laptop, and then download it again onto the new computer in October. So I'm just getting my feet wet in X, poking around, and though some things are going to take some getting used to (already put key command for tools back to Escape Key), I think all in all I'm pretty impressed. In poking around some of the synth pad presets, I stumbled across one called Levitation. It is a track stack with 2 synths, an ES2 and a Retrosynth, and three effects aux tracks. Here's my question: the ES2 has all the oscillators turned off. What can an ES2 with all it's oscillators turned off be contributing to the sound of the track stack? How does that work?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Track Stack Question
    Interesting spot... (oh and welcome to the Fun Zone ;-)) So, just spent a couple of minutes scratching my head and then bypassed the MIDI FX (note repeater and apeggiator) on the ES2 track... and it seems that's what that channel is being used for. In fact, I've disable/bypassed the ES2 and the track stack sounds the same to me... :)
  • MorryNYC
    Re: Track Stack Question
    Sounds the same to me too. I can't figure it out. So even though it's silent, it's still sending MIDI information. and that's affecting the Pad layer somehow? 'Cause, what are those midi plugins processing? I mean, a repeated and arpeggiated silent MIDI note is still, well, silent. I don't get it. Unless... it's a summing stack, so all that... ah... light is dawning. And wow, that's cool. OMFG that's cool. (and yeah, just literally figured it out as I was typing the "I don't get it" first response, so thought I'd just let you see the thought process in action :-) But what was gained by putting the MIDI effects on the 2nd instrument? Couldn't they have just as easily been put onto the Pad track? Okay, I still don't quite get it. But still, cool. But FUN ZONE indeed! Wow, some really cool stuff in this release. Though one thing... wasn't all the stuff in the discontinued Sound Track Pro supposed to be integrated into the next release of Logic? I don't see any of it here. Is that still coming? Or was that always just a rumor?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: