macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sus4
    No Sound (again)
    I recorded a song a couple of years ago and am not getting any sound on playback. I'm seeing in the Inspector window it says GM Device 5 and on the right in the Library window it says GM device. In the Arrange window all the meters are moving. in the New Track window it says Software Instruments. What do I have to do? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: No Sound (again)
    Can you take screenshots of Mixer and Inspector with Arrange area? Is the Output channel set correctly? :)
  • sus4
    I copied the screen shots to my desktop, but don't know how to enter them here. Can you explain how to do it? Thanks.....sorry.
  • GaryHiebner
    When you add a reply to a post there is an option below to 'Add Image' click on that and navigate to the screenshot on your Desktop.
  • sus4
    I did that and I when I hit Submit I get a message saying: MUST HAVE TEXT IN CONTENT (BB CODE DOES NOT COUNT)
  • sus4
    Re: Re: Re: No Sound (again)
    Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
  • sus4
    Re: Re: No Sound (again)
    You have abandoned me. Why?
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi sus4, So when you reply click on the 'Add Image' button and then below that click on 'Add Image' under that and not the 'Enter a URL'. Then navigate to your screenshot to add it to the post. With the songs you recorded a few years back were they using Logic instruments, 3rd party instruments or external MIDI instruments?
  • sus4
    Re: Re: Re: No Sound (again)
    Hi Gary, First let me apologize for my rude comment above. I know you guys help many of us here in lala land and I appreciate it. Thanks. In regard to trying to post a screen shot here; I must be missing something that you are saying. Let me tell you what I see and do. First I hit the Reply button. When the window to reply opens I see the words Bold, Italic, Add Image and Add Link. I click on the Add Image button. And then I see: + Add image or Enter a URL Submit. When I hit the + Add image button, the window opens and I choose Desktop and I choose the screen shots that I want. Then I hit the Submit button and that's when I get, MUST HAVE TEXT IN CONTENT (BB CODE DOES NOT COUNT). Well this time I didn't get that message it seems to be working and I think it's because I started typing first in this box. No one said I had to start typing before I hit Add image. So here are the screen shots of that song that will not play the sounds. I don't remember if I used 3rd party instruments or external MIDI instruments or Logic instruments. Maybe you can tell by looking at the images. Thanks again for your help and patience. By the way, when I hit Play on this song, the meters are moving to show that there is information there.[url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_43166_20993_Screen_Shot_2013-09-01_at_10.12.53_AM.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_43166_20993_Screen_Shot_2013-09-01_at_10.12.53_AM.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_43166_20993_Screen_Shot_2013-09-01_at_10.13.25_AM (1).png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_43166_20993_Screen_Shot_2013-09-01_at_10.13.25_AM (1).png[/img] [/url]
  • GaryHiebner
    Ok, so do the meters move on Inst 4, 5, and 6 or on the MIDI tracks? And do you see the meters moving on the Output track?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: