macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sean C
    Can I get Ozone 5 results out of native Logic Pro X?
    I'm really new to music production. I bought Ableton Live Suite a few years ago (and recently upgraded to 9) but just found that the software never really "spoke to me". I switched over to Logic Pro X as soon as it came out and have been loving it (and actually creating stuff) ever since. I've been devouring as many Logic tutorials from this site as I can so I'm definitely starting to get it. I ran across an article the other day on Ozone and mastering in general so I downloaded the demo. I bounced my current track and then added Ozone 5 to it, applied some of the default presets and man what a difference! I work in motion graphics/vdeo so it was like someone had shown me how to color correct my final footage for the first time. It actually makes it a bit painful to go back and listen to the original. Having said that, I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me out with. Do I need Ozone to get that "professional" sound or does Logic have enough mastering tools built in to achieve the same goal? And to add to that question, if Logic can do all of the same stuff, is it just easier to use Ozone? Is it common to bounce the track first and then apply Ozone to that single track and do you add it to a bus that all other tracks get routed to so that it's being mixed while you're working (to get the proper feel for the final sound)? I would appreciate any help I could get. Sean Cusson
  • mtec
    Re: Can I get Ozone 5 results out of native Logic Pro ...
    Hi, Logic does have some nice plugs, Compression, limiters which do a good job but i feel that Ozone does do an amazing job. When i finish a mix i usually insert Ozone on the main outputs, pick a preset and tweak it if need be then bounce . Sounds great. mtec
  • Sean C
    Re: Can I get Ozone 5 results out of native Logic Pro ...
    Thanks mtec. I plan on buying it (using the demo for now) but just needed to hear that I wasn't jumping the gun. The worst is buying a new app, getting a plugin only to have someone say "You could have gotten the exact same result by just combining A+B+C."
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: