macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the new guy
    key of tracks are changed... ??
    I'm importing about 10 tracks from my bands practices and gigs. When I split the 2 hour tracks (11 of them) into regions (songs) and paste them into a new project, it changes the Key. I even select the Key signature in top center section (key signature display) but it doesn't work. I.e. it change "Honky Tonk Women" in G to F Sharp. Is there a way to just select the tracks and change the key of all the pitched instruments? Sorry.. I'm pulling double duty as the guitarist and sound engineer... I'm not too good at either, frankly.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: key of tracks are changed... ??
    Are you working with audio or MIDI tracks? If audio, make sure you have the same sample rate set when you work in the new project as this will change the audio length and pitch.
  • the new guy
    Re: Re: key of tracks are changed... ??
    thx Gary. These are audio tracks recorded to a hi Cap (class 10) SD Card. Then later I import the WAVE files. So how do i change the pitch back to the original? And when you say "changes the audio length".. are you referring to the tempo of the track because the song doesn't seem any longer than when we played it?
  • GaryHiebner
    First check what the sample rate is one the WAV file. Select the Wav file on your Mac and press Cmd-I. Then look under More Info and see what the sample rate is. Also make sure the sample rate is the same on the other WAV files. Now create a Logic project with this sample rate. Create the new project, then go to File > Project Settings > Audio. And set the same sample rate there. Now import/drag in the WAV files and see if they sound correctly pitched now.
  • the new guy
    It worked! Thanks.
  • GaryHiebner
    Great stuff, so it was a sample rate difference between the audio files and the project.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: