macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Bezier Curves in Track Automation
    Okay, FINALLY getting my act together and going through the new X tutorials, and getting up to speed on the new Logic. And I'm having some trouble. In Logic Pro 9, in order to draw an automation curve, you hold down the shift and control keys, and drag on the line. It appears that sometimes that works in X, and sometimes it does not. And I can't seem to figure out why or when it works as opposed to why or when it does not. Is there an extra step in X that was not needed in 9? I don't know, converting a point to a curve similar to in Illustrator, before you can curve it? Assuming operator error here. Or is this a bug?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bezier Curves in Track Automation
    Hmmmm... strange. Shift-Control works here when the pointer tool is selected. Have you tried this in a different project?
  • MorryNYC
    Re: Re: Bezier Curves in Track Automation
    Nope, but I will now. This current project is just a little thing I threw together so I'd have something to work on while going through the tutorials, so no grand masterpiece, but no, dragging the line did not work as expected. Once it worked when I clicked on the point itself with shift-control, but the next time it did not. Firing up the ol' 'putter and I'll give it another go. Oh, and happy thanksgiving! Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too... feels strange saying that from one Brit to another ;-) I don't think it's meant to work when clicking on the point itself... but on the line between the points. Could that be the problem? :)
  • MorryNYC
    Nope. I only tried clicking on the point after I tried to do it on the line and it didn't work. Still futzing with it⦠Hey, guess we're all Brits at heart⦠:-) But I'm in NYC. So it is indeed Thanksgiving here⦠M
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: