macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Logic Remote failure
    Hey, y'all. Happy holidays! I'm doing sound for a Christmas play here in NYC using Logic on my laptop, and the plan was to control Logic with my iPad using Logic Remote. At rehearsal last night, I got up onto the rehearsal space's wifi on both devices, and no love. I got by just using the track pad and the computer, but so much cooler and easier with the Logic Remote interface. Oddly, the iPad saw the laptop. Add that it was running logic. In other words, when connecting, my laptop appeared as an option, the only option, i.e. The only computer detected running logic. But then when I went to connect, the connection failed. Weak wifi? Is there another setting that can be tweaked in these situations? The play is on Sunday. I wrote some music and some mock ads for it (it's done in the style of a radio play). So any nyc folk that might need something to do on Sunday night should come down to the TADA Theatre Space at 6:00 (brilliant jazz singer) me at 7 (I know 3 Xmas songs and I'm doing them all), and the play itself at 7:30 or thereabouts. Happy holidays everybody
  • SomeSamurai
    Re: Logic Remote failure
    You can use the Remote with Bluetooth, too. it's a much stronger connection. Just be sure to pair the iPad and the Laptop. Then turn WiFi off before launching Logic Remote. That way the remote will only connect via the Bluetooth.
  • MorryNYC
    Thanks! I'll give it a try
  • dynamicalan
    Well what do you know - I never knew Bluetooth was free on an iPad wireless only. So, now I can connect to Logic Remote in a Starbucks. Thanks!
  • MorryNYC
    I found the Bluetooth to be actually more responsive than the wifi. So looks like that's the way to go. Worked like a charm. Thanks, Freepuppies!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: