macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    Control delay line with a fader
    Hello, In Environment I would like to control the Delay line "repeats" parameter with a fader. I guess the fader should be set as "meta" but I can't find the meta events number (from 127 to 14 I guess) and the number that controls the "repeats". Any idea? thanks a lot and Merry Christmas to everybody Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Control delay line with a fader
    Hi Roberto, Hope you're having a great Christmas & New Year holiday :) Unfortunately, I don't believe it is possible to control a Delay Line using Meta events :( I'd do the following: 1. Create a Auto Fader and set its output to something you're not using. e.g. Control 31. 2. Cable the Fader to a Cable Switcher. (Set its Input to the output values of your Fader). 3. Create as many Delay Lines as required. One for each repeat and set the repeats individually for each. I created 4 in my test. 4. Cable from the Cable Switcher to each Delay Line. And make sure the Delay Lines are routed to the object/channel strip of your choice. 5. Set the range of the first fader to match the number of delay lines. e.g. with 4 delay lines I set the range to: 0 3. This should work now. Not as elegant as being able to use meta events to control a single delay line... but a useful workaround I hope :) Best, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: