macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tydoliy
    Yamaha MoX6
    I've been using Logic 9 for last couple of years and like the lopps and many plugins. But recently I bought a Yamaha MoX6 as I found it very intuitive for creating (layered sounds + arpeggios + sequencing etc) However, its designed to interface better with Cubase than Logic. My question is should I stay with Logic or start to learn Cubase? I can't seem to output multiple midi/audio tracks from MOX6 to Logic (only 2 track audio or 1 track midi) but maybe I need to setup the output channels differently. Many thanks in advance
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Yamaha MoX6
    Hi Tim, Cubase is an excellent DAW, as is Logic. I'd suggest checking out the Cubase 7.5 video tutorials to help you decide if its workflow and feel look like they'll suit you: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/cubase-application[/url] On the MOX6 can you setup the MIDI Out channel per track? If so then you can setup each channel strip in Logic to accept MIDI on a different channel (in Logic's track parameters in the Inspector area). I'm not saying it's easier than using Cubase (I have no idea in this case), but if you have a MIDI interface which supports multiple MIDI channels and same for audio channels, then you should be able to setup Logic appropriately. Best, R
  • Tydoliy
    Hi Rounik, many thanks. I have checked out the Cubase tutorials, although there's only a couple there so not really enough to decide! I will look into your other suggestion and try and setup in this way. I would prefer to stay with Logic as I'm more used to it, and also as a solo musician (EDM etc) rather then band instruments, I think it has more to offer, right?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Tim, There's 7 courses on Cubase 7 to peruse... and more coming I believe ;-) I'm a Logic trainer, so I'm a little biased... but, I do know plenty of composers and EDM producers and musicians who use Cubase. Cubase has some nifty plugins that are excellent for EDM... (and so does Logic). One that springs to mind is SubFocus: [url]http://www.askaudiomag.com/articles/interview-sub-focus-on-production-ipad-for-live-performance-and-tidal-wave[/url] Both Logic and Cubase offer excellent features for EDM and acoustic and band scenarios. Having said that, I'm an advocate of using the tools you've got. The most important thing (in my book) is being comfortable with you DAW and learning it well. I do enjoy using Ableton Live and dabbling with FL Studio and Cubase too... and I know producers who use multiple DAWs and others that use only one. So, find the app and workflow that works best for you :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: