macProVideo.com
Forums
  • musicmaker
    Logic Pro X score
    I purchased Peter Schwartz's amazing tutorial for score editing in Logic X. I still can't answer my silly little problem! I don't want the treble staff above the piano grand staff to continue once used. I want it to come and go as I need it. How do I get rid of it? Once used, it runs and runs through my piece. Help!!
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Logic Pro X score
    Hi, When you say treble staff above the piano, are you talking about another part aside from the piano? If not, could you post a screenshot or describe your situation in a little more detail? Cheers, Peter
  • musicmaker
    Yes. I have a grand staff below (the piano part) and on occasion, one to three single treble lines above for singing parts. The problem is, the way my piano part includes the main singing part on the piano grand staff (my RH mainly plays the melody/singing part) so the extra parts above are only once in a while. However, the first time I write in an obligato or want to do a two-part song (one included in the piano part and one alone above that part), that staff continues through the end of the composition, even when notes are not present. I can see the staff in gray and it prints with music, empty. Thus, my composition is VERY long with a whole bunch of empty staves above the grand staff.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Thanks for the detail. The first thing to try: turn off "fill gaps" in the Score Project Preferences (sorry, not in front of Logic right now but I think it's located in the first pane of score project prefs). That will prevent Logic from printing blank staves filled with rests. If that doesn't work it would be because your various vocal regions contain too much empty space (they're too long) compared to the size of the part. In that case, trim them down to size to eliminate the empty space. Hope that helps. If not, post back.
  • musicmaker
    Thank you! Thank you! It worked! Wow. Such a big problem and such a little click!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: