macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Geeztown
    Batch fades to new audio files or a fast way to select the last
    I'm building a complex sampler instrument of a drum kit. I have hundreds of samples of drum hits, and I want to have them fade out. I can select them all and then change the fade out in the inspector of all the regions, but when I save as new audio files the fades don't get saved. If there is a way to do this, please let me know. Since I haven't found a way to do that yet, I'm also wondering if there is a fast way to select the last 500 ms of an audio file in the sample editor so that I can use key commands to quickly fade out each sample that way. Any help or ideas I may not have thought of would be much appreciated. I also own a copy of Pro Tools 10, Presonus Studio One, and Audiofile Engineering Triumph. I haven't spent as much time searching, but if there is a fast and easy way to do this in any of those programs, I would be very happy to hear about it. Thanks -Aaron
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Batch fades to new audio files or a fast way to se...
    Hi Aaron, This is a good question - but not sure how you are "saving them as new audio files". I used to use SoundTrack Pro to batch add effects and fades on audio files. Another way to do this in Logic X would be: - Select all the audio regions - Change the fade as you know in the Region Inspector - Make sure all regions are selected and choose File > Bounce > Bounce and replace all tracks... You can choose to delete the originals if you wish. Hope this helps, R
  • Geeztown
    Thanks for the response! The way I am saving them as new audio files is right clicking and then under convert, clicking convert to new audio file. That seems to be the only way I have found to save multiple regions as audio files. When I try any kind of bounce (bounce in place, bounce and replace all tracks, bounce regions in place) , all the regions end up in one big file instead of being bounced into individual files for each region. I do have soundtrack pro though, I will definitely look into that. Thanks for the tip! :-)
  • MorryNYC
    If you set the locators by the region you're going to bounce and turn on cycling, you will only get the region you want to bounce. Click on the region you want to bounce and hit COMMAND-U. Then bounce in place as usual.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: