macProVideo.com
Forums
  • RnB
    LP 9.1.8 and Novation Automap 4.7
    Hi. Not sure if I'm in the right place for this but, has anyone used LP9.1.8 with Novation's Automap 4.7? I'm having several problems w/it, as in, it's not very stable, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. When it does not all the functions are working etc. Any advice would be great. Novation forum isn't much help. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: LP 9.1.8 and Novation Automap 4.7
    Hi, welcome to the MPV forums. I've not used Novation's Automap 4.7... so I can't personally be of much help I'm afraid. Have you had any joy contacting Novation tech support? Also, what version of Mac OS are you running?
  • RnB
    Morning. I did contact Novation and when they finally got back to me they gave me several things to "try" and let them know how I made out. Not all that confidence inspiring I thought. However, after numerous uninstalls/re-installs (and I mean numerous) plus, trashing Logic Prefs several times, Logic Control Surface Prefs several times, I was finally able to get Automap 4.7 to work. It has been stable and all its functions seem to be working. I have been opening Automap first, then Logic and as of now have not had any problems. Need to see if a different startup order will cause anything to blow up on me. lol In re to Novation, while they did provide me with the aforementioned "try these and get back to us" if you pay x amount of $$ for a product and it doesnt work as claimed, I dont think that having myself or other purchasers of this product do their grunt work is very consumer friendly. For now it works and I think it's a very good program as it controls mixer functions, transport, plugins, etc. B4 I forget, I'm running Logic Pro 9.1.8, OS X 10.7.5, Novation Impulse 61 kybrd, a Digidesign 002r, API A2D mic pres, DBX 160x and an iMac 27" 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 w/16GB DDR3.
  • MorryNYC
    I have had trouble with auto map and Logic as well. Though I've gone to X. What has helped with my setup is, forget the stuff about Opening Logic first and letting Automap start automatically, and start Automap BEFORE you fire up Logic. Since I've been doing that, I have had no problems, at least with Automap loading all the plugins and mapping controllers. Now, what I need to figure out is how to suspend Automap so that I can use the smart controls in Logic X⦠That I don't know how to do. Anybody? Simply quitting Automap and trying to assign controllers does not work. That's all I've tried so far.
  • RnB
    Hey Morry.... very sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. Work and trying to figure this Automap biz out. Btw ur dead on the money about opening Automap [b]first[/b] then Logic. Here's what Novation's tek person said.... "[i]Automap has to be open for Logic to have access to the virtual MIDI ports it creates to allow the two programs to speak. The DAW should automatically open Automap and find these ports. Occasionally, on some Macs, but not all, we see that if the user does not open Automap themselves first Logic cannot launch the AutomapServer fast enough to locate the ports. It is not "how Novation intended it" but more a situation where sometimes the programs do have to be opened in order by the user if the individual computer is having trouble doing this fast enough by itself.[/i]" Don't think my system is the prob though. Funny you mention Logic X. Getting ready to upgrade my LP 9.1.8 to L X. Want to install the "Addtl content" to another drive and see that some folks have been able to while others haven't. Any help you can provide would be great. Again my opologies for the "lag time" getting back to you.
  • MorryNYC
    My advice would be to try it again. I had to download the "additional content" 2x before it worked. I've heard others that had the same issue. Not sure why that is, but the 2nd time seemed to work. Go to Logic Pro X drop down menu and choose the appropriate command. If that doesn't work... well there are folks far more knowledgeable than I that will chime in, I'm sure.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: