macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dorothy
    Logic Pro X (10.0.5) Flex Pitch
    Hi, I recently upgraded to Logic Pro X and I'm using Flex Pitch on a song I'm working on. I have noticed while mixing, when I play multiple tracks with Flex Pitch on them, I'm getting pops and clicks. When I play each track individually, I don't hear them. I seems to have something to do with playing them all together. Is there a way to fix this? Also, I used the crossfade tool a lot in Logic 9. It appears to be gone. Is there a new tool that replaces it which I can use manually? Thanks. Dorothy
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro X (10.0.5) Flex Pitch
    Hi Dorothy, I haven't experienced clicks and pops using FLex Pitch. I do know some users have a similar issue. I wonder if this is down to the OS or simply an issue when using multiple instances of flex pitch on multiple tracks. Out of interest, if you bounce down each track are the clicks and pops in the rendered files? The crossfade tool is very much still here :) And there's a couple of quick ways to apply cross fades: 1. Select the region and choose the fade in/out values from the Region Inspector. 2. With the Pointer tool selected, hold down Shift-Control and drag to create a fade/crossfade. Hope this helps, R
  • Dorothy
    Thanks for your response R, unfortunately, I'm still having issues. I have just upgraded to Logic Pro X 10.0.6. I have OS X 10.9.1 when I bounce the track the pops are still in the rendered file. I feel the old crossfade tool from Logic 9 would fix this quickly and easily. when I select the pointer tool and hold down shift-control and drag, all it does is move the region. I tried selecting the fade tool and that does the same thing. In the inspector, the only fade in/out values are speed up and slow down. It appears there might be a bug in my software, but I can't figure it out. I never had a problem with crossfade before. I used to use it all the time. All the other tools are working fine. (BTW I froze my midi tracks in case it was a CPU issue, but that did not help either). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I haven't seen this issue addressed in any tutorials on MPV or YouTube or my Google searches. Dorothy
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Dorothy, I'm not on 10.9.1 so I can't test this issue with any accuracy yet... To use the fade tool (with Control + Shift held down) you need to drag from within an audio region over its left or right edge... Strange the actual Fade tool doesn't work either. Very odd. Maybe turn off Flex display mode (in the top Menu bar) before trying to use the fade tool...? Also, in David Earl's tutorials he show how to use the region Inspector to adjust the fade time. Basically, don't click on the word "Fade" itself as this only allows you to switch between speed or fade modes. To the right of the word "fade" is an empty space. Double click there and type in a numeric value, e.g. 5 to set the fade time to 5 ticks. Hope this helps, Rounik
  • Dorothy
    I bounced the track in place and had no trouble using the fade tool. For some reason, it didn't work on the flexed regions. Thanks for your help, Rounik. Dorothy
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: